[Arm-netbook] Can't get 512M with MeleA1000

Roman Mamedov rm at romanrm.ru
Wed Sep 19 13:08:27 BST 2012

On Wed, 19 Sep 2012 10:20:21 +0200
"stage.nexvision" <stage.nexvision at laposte.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've followed closely the wiki on "How to build Debian from source" on rhombus-tech.
> I have a MeleA1000 but no USB serial converter so I can't see the kernel console while booting.
>
> I've a working configuration of the kernel + rootfs, with a debian squeeze.
> Now, I'm trying to get the 512M available for the server, but I'm probably missing something since I can only get
> 395MB out of the 512MB.

I currently have 443868 KB total (by the output of "free -k") with my config:
http://media.romanrm.ru/a10/server/3.0.39-rm1/config-3.0.39-rm1.txt
You can compare it with yours and see what else you need to disable.
AFAIK it is certainly possible to get full 512MB by disabling some more things,
but I still didn't bother to investigate that, since 443868 KB is more than
enough for my uses.

--
With respect,
Roman