[Arm-netbook] A10 Memory Behavior.

Benson Mitchell benson.mitchell+arm-netbook at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 16:17:23 BST 2012

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 10:30 AM, Piyush Verma <piyush.pv at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> Recently I was facing big issue of memory leak with video player. I did lots of testing and here is my test results as below.

What exactly are you measuring?  If you run free, it should give you
"used", "free", and "cached".

If "free" goes down by filesize, "cached" goes up by filesize, and
"used" also goes up by filesize (all after player exits), that's
normal -- linux is just caching the file read from disk, so it doesn't
have to read it again when you replay. Even though the RAM is "used"
not "free", it might as well be free, because the cache will be
discarded if some program needs the memory.

Benson Mitchell