[Arm-netbook] origen 4 (exynos S5PV310)

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 13:12:08 BST 2012

On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 12:59 PM, Dr. David Alan Gilbert
<dave at treblig.org> wrote:
> * luke.leighton (luke.leighton at gmail.com) wrote:
>> >
>> >  is imx6 out yet? 4210 and 4412 are out; 5250 module, insignal are
>> > working on it.
>>
>>  http://androidcommunity.com/samsung-exynos-5-dual-core-to-support-usb-3-0-and-more-20120323/
>>
>>  wowwww... 5250: SATA-3 and USB-3.
>
> Nice - what would have to change to EOMA to get SATA-3 and USB-3
> out;

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/284630-12-headers

evongugg   12-28-2010 at 03:02:41 PM

SATA 3 is the new standard for SATA @ 6.0 GB/s.
The SATA pinout does not change with SATA III.
You can use the same cables.
There are some enhanced cables for SATA III on the market.

Serial ATA (SATA) connector pinout

http://pinouts.ru/HD/serialATA_pinout.shtml

> I note it doesn't have ethernet on board; what about the display
> connection?

 it'll .. no i don't have to guess, there's diagrams about....
 http://cdn.androidcommunity.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/exynos5systemdiagramsmall1-580x274-540x255.jpg

 ok it's a little unclear _but_, oh yes i've seen this before.  top
left corner, SRAM/ROM/DPSRAM 10/100 Ethernet IC: they're expecting you
to use a memory-mapped (parallel port style) Ethernet PHY.  this is
exactly like for the S3C6410, and the GPL-violating CT-PC89E used a
DM9000.

 DM9000s are really low-cost, as cheap as MII PHY ICs, so that's good.
 i don't know if there exists 10/100/1000 memory-mapped Ethernet PHY
ICs, but hey.

 displays:  ughh.  the diagram is pushing the latest-and-greatest
shite.  MIPI, MIPI-HSI, MIPI-DSI, MIPI-CSI.  they should have the more
established ones as well.  the 5250 looks like it's 1000+ pins (if the
photos are accurate) and there are established precedents in samsung
ICs for multiplexing.