[Arm-netbook] aliyun OS - need help from chinese readers to locate the full source code

Tom Cubie mr.hipboi at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 04:24:36 BST 2012

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 7:12 AM, luke.leighton <luke.leighton at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi folks,
>
> i've just learned of the existence of aliyun OS.  how it could have been in
> development for *three years* with over 1,600 developers working on it and
> it only hits the mainstream news when google attacks it i really don't know!
> (http://mobile.slashdot.org/story/12/09/13/1916211/alibaba-says-google-threatened-acer-with-banishment-from-android)
>
> aliyun is *exactly* what i've been looking for: an OS which is based around
> HTML5/javascript but has the ability to run android apps.
>
> i'd very much like to find the *full* source code of this OS - linux kernel,
> u-boot, toolchain and *complete* source code which allows a *complete*
> distribution to be made for an arbitrary device.
>
> however as pretty much every single forum on aliyun is in chinese, i need
> help.
>
> is there anyone on this list who speaks chinese that could help track down
> the aliyun OS source code?

It's a hot topic today on Weibo in China. Most people regard it as a
hype. It's not known whether the aliyun OS is a self developed OS that
compatible with android apps or an OS based on android. I don't think
it's possible to find the source code of aliyun OS, they only work
with mobile phone manufacture.
> many thanks,
>
> l.

Keep simple, stay foolish.