[Arm-netbook] time and cost.

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 12:22:56 GMT 2012

On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 11:31 AM, Ershov Sergey <ershovu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Good day All,

 allo ershov, nice to hear from you on here.

> when will available module EOMA-68 (AllWinner Edition) revision 1?

 revision 0 we are waiting for 20 samples from Amphenol, of the HDMI
connector.  this is the only part holding up the creation of the 10
revision 0 samples.

 the revision 1 PCB design will be about... 2 maybe 3 weeks to do PCB
layout, about 1 week to get the PCBs printed, and because it's exactly
the same parts there should be no delays in getting the components
this time.

 so - about 4 to 6 weeks.

> Are interested time and cost.

 the BOM is around the $35 mark for 10k units, testing is around $1 to
$2, so add about a 40% profit / safety margin / markup for below 10k
volumes, excluding VAT, shipping etc.  so you're looking at around $50
excluding casework, shipping and tax.

 if people want cases, the casework we need to raise $6300 to get the
plastic moulding done; the PCB printing we will need to raise another
$1500 for the revision 1 samples.