[Arm-netbook] EOMA server standard

Baybal Ni nikulinpi at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 21:05:36 BST 2012

I doubt that there is any use for 10 Gb phy on arm system yet.
Although, you can already get cheap LP gigabit phys. I was imagining
that EOMA servers will work in mode of a hadoop system, a distributed
database of some kind or highly-distributed computing.

The killer feature here is not speed, but efficient interconnect. It
will be good if we can also get efficient on-backplace switch chip and
be able to organize efficient clustering.

My idea for current generation module is that it will work in a
following hierarchy.

module<on-backplane switch<normal high bandwidth switch.

This way, we don't yet need 1Gbit parts on the module.