[Arm-netbook] A10 CPU Card (revision 0)

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 15:57:58 BST 2012

On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 3:09 PM, Sergey Lapin <slapinid at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 5:24 PM, luke.leighton <luke.leighton at gmail.com> wrote:
>> ok, we have one last part to get hold of - the HDMI connector from
>> amphenol - and we will have the 10 samples done by wits-tech, likely
>> in 1 or 2 days time.  one is going straight to allwinner for them to
>> test and create the script.fex file.  bearing in mind that these are
>> revision 0 boards (and so are slightly too large and will need
>> rework), we may be able to sell 5 of them to people who would like
>> very early access, and potentially a collector's item.
> I'd like to have one, if price is not too high.

 super.  well it's cost us $1,500 for the PCBs and tooling, the parts
for the 10 samples *might* be included in that, i'll have to check.
although we've worked a deal such that if there's a reworking needed
we won't have to pay for it, we'd like to recover some of that $1500
so that we can re-use the money for the next thing that comes up.

 example: at some point we have to raise $6,300 to cover the cost of
tooling for the PCMCIA casework.  we found a company that is still
making Top and Bottom metal shields; they clip onto u-shaped plastic
which will need to be redone, obviously: the front face is different
because of the 3 connectors.  luckily however getting this plastic
done isn't on the critical path.