[Arm-netbook] Google ARM Chromebook

Alejandro Mery amery at geeks.cl
Fri Oct 19 15:02:22 BST 2012

On 19/10/12 15:11, Alexey Eromenko wrote:
> No. Linux uses X11 graphics library. Android does not. I dunno about Chrome
> OS, but suspect that it is like Android, which means drivers are
> incompatible.

ChromeOS has much more in common with normal linux distributions than
Android. It's developed 100% in the open, and runs X.

http://www.chromium.org/chromium-os/chromiumos-design-docs/software-architecture

> Another question : does Chrome OS has video player? Does it support WebM
> codec?

As the name suggests ChromeOS runs... a Chrome browser. That's it.
Everything you see is a web app. But yes, Chrome's video support
includes WebM.