[Arm-netbook] Google ARM Chromebook

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Fri Oct 19 09:51:01 BST 2012

On 10/19/2012 09:43 AM, michel memeteau wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> 2012/10/18 Paul Kench <paulkench at yahoo.co.uk <mailto:paulkench at yahoo.co.uk>>
>

>     http://www.theverge.com/2012/10/18/3521492/google-new-samsung-chromebook-249-monday
>
>     Very interesting. Await screen specs etc.
>
> All the specs are here :
> http://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/devices/samsung-chromebook.html#specs
>
> This is the Daisy project we'been talking about for a while.
>
> this is IMO just the best ARM notebook yet. isn't it ?

I do believe it is - especially if you don't count the one-off vaporware
prototypes.

It's finally something that's an improvement on the Toshiba AC100. Not a
_huge_ improvement on my modified one (1280x720 display and various
other tweaks), but the extra RAM is certainly a good thing. And not
outrageously expensive, either. I may just have to get one, once
somebody has worked out a way to get vanilla Linux running on it.

Gordan