[Arm-netbook] Mysteries of Lemote Yeeloong MIPS netbook

Derek LaHousse dlahouss at mtu.edu
Fri Oct 19 02:06:31 BST 2012

On Thu, 2012-10-18 at 15:13 -0700, freebirds at fastmail.fm wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 18, 2012, at 01:40 AM, Gordan Bobic wrote:
>
> > > Init: Enter runlevel 2
> > > Starting OpenBSD secure shell server: sshd
> > > So it's running sshd by default. Just about all UNIXes do. Expected,
> > normal, and nothing to worry about if you use reasonably secure
> > passwords. But there's nothing stopping you from disabling it (check the
> > documentation for your links distro on how).
>
> Yeeloong has preinstalled a Chinese variant of Debian, not preinstalled
> OpenBSD.
Woah woah woah, please to not be badmouthing my one true love, Debian.
RedFlag is based on Asianux, which itself seems to be an RHEL distro.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Flag_Linux
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asianux

Having convenience services run, even when you don't have a printer
connected, is common.  cups, hpoj, ssh, etc.  Please find support from
places like #linux, because a little back-and-forth with people
interested in teaching you how to recognize what distro is installed and
what services are which would help you greatly.

As mentioned before, I'm on Freenode in #linux and #debian (but #debian
will not help if you aren't using it.)

Also, I would not trust any pre-installed operating system.  Install
what YOU want, and know what YOU have.

Derek