[Arm-netbook] I Have An Possible Chance To Meet An ARM Senior Manager

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 22:36:21 BST 2012

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 6:50 PM, Alexander Stephen Thomas Ross
<arm-netbook at aross.me> wrote:
> I need to rethink how I go about this. You see I am 17 years old. 18 in
> dec 29. I go to this home education social group thing. It's about self
> motivation.

 sounds great!

> I originally thought that I could talk about whatever I want with the
> arm chap but the meeting can't be about arm. It's needs to be more
> generic. It's about me not others. This is annoying kind of as I wanted
> to help "push" Rhombus-tech. Questions like "Were do you see the future
> of arm (or was it computers?, I forget.) going?"

 ok, so there's a meeting (or a talk) and you have an opportunity to
ask questions afterwards, is that right?

> So I can't be in the mindset of "ambassador". I think I can talk about
> the card standard/idea/principles with refs to Rhombus-tech.

 ahh, ok.

> So with this in mind would any of you have any comments about what’s
> been said?

 right, ok so, let's roll with this [i read the other message you
wrote, in which you said "this has to be something *for you*"]

 let's assume you're asking this guy for advice that will help *you*.
let's assume that you'd like also to do something involved with the
rhombus tech and qimod initiative.  honest question: what do *you*
want to do?  really.  i mean it.  because, then, you have conviction.

 it's no good you trying to "make something up" - let's work from what
you *really* want to do, then we go from there, ok?

/peace