[Arm-netbook] ATX motherboard

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 19:13:12 BST 2012

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 6:44 PM, Roman Mamedov <rm at romanrm.ru> wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Oct 2012 18:20:53 +0200
> Alejandro Mery <amery at geeks.cl> wrote:
>
>> On 17 October 2012 18:07, Gordan Bobic <gordan at bobich.net> wrote:
>> > Add an Atrix lapdock for about $70, and you can even use it as a laptop. :)
>>
>> and where can people find a lapdoc for $70 these days? I failed to
>> find it for less than 100E.... which is still a decent deal but the
>> cable mess makes it... unportable.
>
> There's this netbook (with a lesser-resolution screen than a Lapdock, but no
> cable mess):
>
> http://www.aliexpress.com/item/10-2-inch-Android-4-0-1-2ghz-cpu-1GB-RAM-4G-Flash-allwinner-a10-WiFi/595634153.html

 oh look!  it's the casework from the GPL-violating CT-PC89e, expanded
to 10in and the guts replaced with an A10 CPU, yaaay!  another
GPL-violating product, yaaay!

 dang, $99.  that's pretty amazing.

> But I am unaware if there are any proper reviews of it, or if anyone in the
> Arm-netbook and linux-sunxi communities even owns one. The product page does
> not mention the battery specs or the expected battery life time, but the
> general feedback there seems to be positive.

 the battery size on the GPL-violating CT-PC89e was around 2100mAh,
which gave just over a 2 hour battery life.