[Arm-netbook] Crowd Sourcing Proposal

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 18:11:03 BST 2012

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 2:57 PM, Peter Steenbergen

>>  so by buying this CPU Card - even if it's more expensive in lower
>> volumes at the moment - you're helping to support us in our goal of
>> serving millions of people, bringing them lower-cost flexible
>> computing.
>>
>>  you see the difference?  hmm, i should point that out on the page,
>> shouldn't i.
>>

> Luke,
>
> Alejandro sees it. I see it, but .......
>
> The mass does not see it, nor do they care. And if you want to have a
> successful crowd funding you need to aim for the masses, NOT us developers.

 well... is that really true?  there's (at least) 3 groups here.
developers (350 people on arm-netbook), intelligent-eco-conscious
people (N people), and "everyone else" (i hesitate to use "the
masses").

 the target for the crowd-funding is therefore the combination of the
two groups.  hmmm...