[Arm-netbook] so where does ULP-COM fit into our thinking?

Simon Kenyon simon at koala.ie
Wed Oct 10 08:43:48 BST 2012

On 10/09/12 21:17, luke.leighton wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 6:47 PM, Scott Sullivan<scott at ss.org>  wrote:
>> On 10/09/2012 05:24 AM, Simon Kenyon wrote:
>>> http://blogs.arm.com/embedded/702-i-like-pc-like-arm-reaches-into-computer-on-module/
>>>

>> It's already not relevant to us as it's has the same limitations that
>> other standards like it share(*).
>
>   i still want to record it, in the elinux.org wiki, so thank you simon
> for making me aware of it.

they have taken a different approach to us with no connectors on card.
this to me is a major win. in a blade enclosure you don't want the
connectors anyway and on any other device, what is the probability that
the connectors will be "in the right location"? close to zero.

what they don't have is a device which is in a robust enclosure. do we
really, really think that people will be swapping cards between
enclosures on an hourly basis? i think it is worth looking at the
relative costs of the card and the devices. it would seem likely that
people would have one card per device and only change the card when
there was a major upgrade in the card capabilities.

but what do i know