[Arm-netbook] thoughts about EOMA68

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Mon Oct 8 12:07:43 BST 2012

On 10/08/2012 11:33 AM, luke.leighton wrote:

>   finding low-power SoCs for example that can be FSF Hardware-Endorsed
> yet also are attractive as mass-volume items is *literally*
> impossible, thanks to the requirement of 3D Graphics and Video
> playback.

3D/Video are only a requirement in for desktop type applications. This
requirement does not hold true for servers. *Plugs did very well in
terms of market penetration without anything more than a serial
console/JTAG.

While I understand that you want EOMA to include privisions for graphics
output, it shouldn't exclude GPU-less CPUs, e.g. Marvell Kirkwood.

Gordan