[Arm-netbook] Group Buy: 7" Tablet

Alexander Stephen Thomas Ross arm-netbook at aross.me
Sun Oct 7 22:04:53 BST 2012

On 07/10/12 19:42, freebirds at fastmail.fm wrote:
> Yet, I am willing to place an order for two tablets if the battery or
> batteries (since Derek wants two) are removable, tablet can easily be
> opened up and the rest of my requirements that I previously listed.
> Since the university is interested in an open hardware project, they
> need to understand that unremovable batteries, GPS, 4G, wifi and
> bluetooth renders the device closed and a privacy risk and why it does.

GPS is read only. So providing the WIFI is 100% free software and no
evil blobs in the WIFI chip (Which is a way of it being free software
compatible but does not solve the trust issue.) Then you are safe.

If the battery life is all day then do you need the ability to switch
battery’s? Other wise it would be nice or do you have some thing that an
external battery can clip on with I nice flat compact power connector?