[Arm-netbook] Group Buy: 7" Tablet

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 12:59:37 BST 2012

On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 12:31 PM, Nilesh <Nilesh at potent.co.in> wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> Freescale I.Mx is also good platform :
> http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=RDIMX53SABRETAB

 i'm working on a deal which will result in an IMX53 EOMA-68 CPU Card
being available. however the design of the tablet itself or any
product itself has absolutely nothing to do with the choice of the CPU
because it is on the other side of the EOMA-68 interface.

 so don't concern with the choice of CPU - assume that's taken care
of, and think solely in terms of "I/O Features".

 actually there is another option - if the full specification of the
tablet can be drafted clearly and justified with sufficient preorders
then i will put it forward to a university who has been asking for
example products for their students to do the CAD/CAM 3D designs for
as Open Hardware Projects.

 so the steps are:

 a) agree a CLEAR specification from a large number of people
 b) find the parts list
 c) propose it to the university and/or find a company willing to
adapt an existing design