[Arm-netbook] Group Buy: 7" Tablet

Alexander Stephen Thomas Ross arm-netbook at aross.me
Sat Oct 6 01:35:26 BST 2012

My friend would be interested in a Rhombus-Tech 7" tablet WITH GPS.
Specs:
*Bluetooth
*Wifi
*GPS
*External GPS antenna option?
*Ethernet?
*Headphone/line out
*Mic
*External Mic?
*Line-In?
*USB's of course
*External SD Card
*Internal SD Card?
*Gloss or Matt screen?
*Screen that works in bright sunlight. PixelQi, I guess but will a
PixelQi be suitable in a car when being used for travel directions/gps?
*Ram 1GB or is more possible?
*Speaker. Mono, no point in stereo. Extremely Loud to wake up ones self
from sleep. Self destruct/anti thief alarm.
*Fat battery life, well the more the better, right.
*FM transmitter? 100M range? (clueless) fun fun fun }) or something more
generic, so not just FM?

I guess the lovely Gnome 3 Shell won't really be an option due to the
proprietary GPU yuckware? I believe Enlightenment is suitable DE? What
is your experiences with Enlightenment on a touch screen? Would you
recommend something else? KDE needs too many resources right? Meego?
Tizen? Mer?

Price?

I think that's everything...

Can't help with design, only end user testing at best.
Thanks.