[Arm-netbook] JTAG SD adaptor for A10?

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Wed Oct 3 19:51:06 BST 2012

tis 2012-10-02 klockan 17:49 +0200 skrev Alexander Rose:
> > Using this on an A13 board with the JTAG probe in parallell with an
> > microsd card, allowing me to select by software when to JTAG and when to
> > use the SD.
> You think this could also be possible for PL2303? And where do I find
> the code?

I dump various Allwinner related crap in my Allwinner-Info repository.
The hacks for Olimex JTAG adapter in parallell with SD can be found
here:
https://github.com/hno/Allwinner-Info/tree/master/JTAG

> > Additionally, by jamming the SD lines with the JTAG probe I
> > can also force NAND boot even if there is a bootable SD card in the
> > socket.
> "Jamming" like connecting?

Yes, asking the JTAG probe to drive the lines, which disturbs the SD
protocol making it not see the SD card.

> I'm trying to use a PL2303 TTL cable and sparkfun's micro SD sniffer
> here: http://forum.a10linux.org/read.php?3,229

Should do fine, assuming it's a 3.3V cable.