[Arm-netbook] RGB/TTL interface selection, why in EOMA-68

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 19:37:01 GMT 2012

On 11/29/12, Scott Sullivan <scott at ss.org> wrote:
> On 11/29/2012 11:29 AM, Henrik Nordström wrote:
>> tor 2012-11-29 klockan 16:16 +0000 skrev luke.leighton:
>>

>>>          >From what I understand the A10 module should be able to use
>>>          LVDS without
>>>          hardware change.
>>>
>>> ... which would immediately make any I/O Board totally and critically
>>> dependent on specifically and exclusively the A10 module, thereby
>>> completely, utterly and totally defeating the whole purpose of
>>> EOMA-68.
>>
>> My point was that the it's likely possible to revise EOMA-68 to use LVDS
>> without having to redo the A10 module.
>>

> This is all ignoring the fact that the spec has been published and
> available for a year.

true, and i'm really grateful you pointed out everything else that you
wrote as well.

that having been said, it's only when you get down to the nitty-gritty
that you suddenly go "haaaang on.... errr.." and hopefully not "oops"
:)

in this case, it has to be said that i forgot to put in the spec "the
RGB/TTL tracks must all be of equal length on both sides of the
EOMA-68 interface".

whoops, i'll add that now.