[Arm-netbook] RGB/TTL interface selection, why in EOMA-68

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 16:16:20 GMT 2012

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 4:11 PM, Henrik Nordström <
henrik at henriknordstrom.net> wrote:

> tor 2012-11-29 klockan 11:36 +0000 skrev luke.leighton:
>
> > if anyone can come up with better reasoning it'd best be done quick
> > because the A10 module is almost ready.
>
> >From what I understand the A10 module should be able to use LVDS without
> hardware change.

... which would immediately make any I/O Board totally and critically
dependent on specifically and exclusively the A10 module, thereby
completely, utterly and totally defeating the whole purpose of EOMA-68.

so... yes, fine for someone who wants to sell say 10k units of devices that
are only ever going to use the A10 module, not fine for long-term viability
of the EOMA-68 project where the plan is to keep making the same I/O
board(s) and the exact same product(s) for years at a time, basically until
the parts in it go end-of-life.