[Arm-netbook] Fwd: cedarx: mpeg4 codecs working in latest armhf build!

Alejandro Mery amery at geeks.cl
Sat Nov 24 20:53:12 GMT 2012

(I'm forwarding this because empat0 is having troubles to post)
------------

Hi CedarX (Allwinner) Developers,

i just figured out how to use libcedarv to decode mpeg4 (xvid,...),
which was still missing. We all believed that there are bugs in
libvecore, but finally it shows that it was just the wrong usage of
libcedarv. The sample program they provided us was a little
missleading. To see the right usage of libcedarv please see my xbmca10
sample implementation. My latest commit (
https://github.com/empatzero/xbmca10/commit/8995686c9fc429a426b417e8b6d6ff7f7947f112
) includes all the code to use it right.

Please do not blame my coding style - remember i had to reverse nearly
everything. It is really simplier to write a clean code if you have
the well documenred reference manual and samples, maybe even the
source code, by hand.

If someone is willing to integrate it into one of the standard linux
video framework please contact me, i will try to do my best to help
with this. I had a short look at libva, should be possible.

Cheers, empat0