[Arm-netbook] ULP-COM

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 14:51:25 GMT 2012

hi joe, sorry about using top-posting etc. limited interface.  yeah,
you Get It.  effectively it's a completely different market, this
project is targetting i hesitate to use the word quotes consumers
quotes, i'd like to think of them as "durers", or "durablers" - there
isn't a group noun describing "people who want to buy [durable] stuff
that lasts" and "new-age hippies" doesn't quite cut it.

so yeah we're targetting durablers with the EOMA initiative i.e.
mass-volume appliances, whereas these SOM-style initiatives are
targetting systems-level convenience for engineers to make easy design
decisions.

there *is* a use for SOM-style standards, because even as you say joe
when you start putting things like SD-sockets on the module, you start
thinking "what else should i put there, and if so how much should be
part of the standard" and it all gets  complicated really really
quickly.

all riht gotta go more later