[Arm-netbook] small exynos5 pc (ARM Cortex A15, 2gb RAM)

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri Nov 2 11:53:33 GMT 2012

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 7:31 PM, peter green <plugwash at p10link.net> wrote:

> *I find it strange that the CPU document available for
> download from the seller's site mentions built in ethernet
> but the arndaleboard doesn't use it instead using a USB
> hub with ethernet chip can you shed any light on this?

 ok this may just be an error in the documentation.  apparently the
Exynos5 doesn't have built-in ethernet.  if however it has a similar
General-Purpose Memory Bus (similar to TI's HPI) just like the S3C6410
does, then chances are you could put things like DM9000s directly
attached to it.  DM9000 Ethernet PHYs have 2 modes - MII and also an
8-bit parallel data/address bus mode.  i'm sure that there are
10/100/1000 Ethernet PHYs out there with 16-bit interfaces.

 all rather odd, though.  anyway, the arndaleboard uses USB-ETH rather
than GPMB PHYs.