[Arm-netbook] R-Pi Only Better and More Available?

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Mon May 28 04:43:59 BST 2012

On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 11:35 PM, Justin Cormack
<justin at specialbusservice.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 3:44 PM, lkcl luke <luke.leighton at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> > Maybe an open hardware COM platform
>> > that is steered by the community vs under the guise of community, free
>> > from patents, hidden agendas, personal issues, etc etc
>>
>>  that would be nice.  we'll get there.  we have to make some money
>> though, unless there's people willing to start from an open hardware
>> COM platform steered by the community and *funded* by the community.
>>

> Thats what I originally thought this project was going to be, until I
> discovered that there was an undisclosed patent

 there is no undisclosed patent.  you came along later than when i
first mentioned it.

> and the project had to make
> sure that everything produced fell under that patent so an undisclosed fee
> could be charged.

 well, you tell me how else the following goals are to be met, and i
will consider them:

 a) protection from people fucking up the EOMA initiative by being
either plain fucking incompetent or DELIBERATELY releasing
electrically incompatible products that cause short-circuits,
potentially resulting in fires and death, let alone destroying both
their own market as well as ours by causing people to be too afraid to
buy products that might not work or worse might even kill them.

 b) funding for future products.