[Arm-netbook] Any plans to release A distro for the Mele

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Tue May 22 17:46:26 BST 2012

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 4:49 PM, Alexandru Stoian <lgstoian at gmail.com> wrote:
> So it seems the progress on the kernel for our little device has been going
> quite well and it's approaching maturity rapidly. I'm curios if there are
> any plans to release a prebuilt distro for the MeLE , be it in the form of
> an Sd card image or Rootf + kernel image. The current 10.04 image that is
> floating around is getting quite old, plus not everyone who owns a MeLE can
> build their own os.

 hi there alexandru,

 there are several which people have built - they're documented here:
 http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner_a10/hacking_the_mele_a1000/

 for debian gnu/linux and ubuntu i'd much _much_ prefer that someone
made a debian-installer minimalist image: these are typically what...
6mb in size, they fit entirely into a ramdisk when running (freeing up
all media for installation) contain full networking sufficient to gain
access to a mirror, and it's possible to use them to format any media
that is accessible, for the purposes of installation.

 this is *much* more useful than some random crudware sd card image
which has to be hacked about in order to be useable by a wide range of
individuals.