[Arm-netbook] Documentation Proposal

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Mon May 21 09:46:05 BST 2012

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 4:22 AM, cnxsoft <cnxsoft at cnx-software.com> wrote:

> I moved the source code part to a new page
> http://rhombus-tech.net/source_code with links where to get the code, report
> bugs and see the software changelog.

 ah, there's a slight bug in ikiwiki, ok, slight odd expectation shall
i say - that should have been explicitly created with a link
[[allwinner_a10/source code]] because the page otherwise got created
top-level, giving people the impression that there is a sole, single
authoritative and exclusive source code repository for ALL SoCs that
will be involved with the project, when in fact is it not: it's only
the one for the A10.

 so i moved it to http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner_a10/
source_code

> Hopefully, if we can operate this way, this will satisfy Luke (since it's
> clearly explained where the software changes are located) and the community
> that does not need to document software changes daily in the Wiki (as it
> will show in github).
>
> Apart from that, I'm not a big fan of github issue tracker, so if the
> community think Bugzilla would be more suitable, I would be more than happy
> to install and setup it up in Luke's VM.

 arr cap'n

> I would also like to create a script for daily build in this VM for u-boot
> and the kernel, and possibly a Ubuntu image based on Ubuntu-Core rootfs
> (armel until we get the armhf binaries) that can be downloaded via FTP.
> Luke that image would be around 40 MB, hopefully it's not too big.

 the VM has about 5gb of space (not much more can be allocated, it's a
160gb drive with 5 other systems on it) - compressed .tgz archives and
some instructions should be ok.

 i'm a little bit concerned about the stability (DMCA takedowns, US
illegal non-sovereign domain seizures) of sites like dropbox.
xda-developers lost a ton of files and their work was massively
disrupted when megaupload was illegally terminated.