[Arm-netbook] Allwinner F20 (sun3i) SD/MMC boot minimal 'blinking led' app

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Sun May 20 20:42:53 BST 2012

On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 11:24 AM, Alejandro Mery <amery at geeks.cl> wrote:
> On 20/05/12 11:14, lkcl luke wrote:
>>   ok, i've created a page http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner_f20 which
>> contains a bare minimum of links and information, if anyone finds any
>> more info please place it there.
>
> two questions, is rhombus-tech considering an f20-based board?

 unlikely but i'm not ruling it out.  the lack of SATA means an extra
$2.50 in parts (USB hub + USB-to-SATA) so it had better be under $3,
preferably $2.50, to make it a commercially viable option (*2)

> is it a
> good idea for rhombus-tech to link confidential material (not officially
> public datasheets) from their website? (which happens to be a wiki and
> collecting info about the A10 soc)

 the project isn't just about the A10, it's about EOMA i.e. SoCs
*plural*.  that's why i am beginning to insist on some structure,
because without any structure things would quickly become absolute
hell.

 my associates are presently in china and will be meeting with *six*
SoC vendors including allwinnertech over the next 7 to 10 days.  one
of those i know has already agreed to work according to the same
freedom-respecting principles that allwinnertech honours (*1)

l.

(*1) but this other company's SoC will be out much later in the year.

(*2) the F20 has only one USB - USB-OTG.