[Arm-netbook] Mele A1000: SATA HD does not work

Barry Kauler bkauler at gmail.com
Mon May 7 05:00:49 BST 2012

On 5/7/12, Alejandro Martínez <zen at itram.es> wrote:
> (Sorry for the attachment, Luke)
>
> Here's the script.bin I found on the Mele ICS beta (which is quite
> beta-ish). Try with this one, it is different to the one on the
> Gingerbread releases and something might work again.
>
> http://eiffel.itram.es/files/script.bin

Hi,
I tried it, booted ok on my Mele, but a step back as had to manually
load the wireless kernel module. Also, still no sata support.

Regarding the mele_stock.bin mentioned earlier, I tried that, got a
dead keyboard and mouse, but did get the desktop.

>From this site, I got some good explanation, plus the 'bin2fex' tool.
I want to uncompile the evb.bin that Tom uploaded with the Ubuntu
Lucid SD image.
Yes, it uncompiled, but when I tried to use the Linux 'script' utility
to convert back to a eveb.bin, it gave a segmentation fault.

So, then I thought that I would use the Windows 'script.exe', which is
in the 'tools.tar.gz' created for A10 chips -- however that has been
removed from all online hosts.

can anyone help me here? At the very least I would like to get
'script.exe', but it would be better to get all of tools.tar.gz as
apparently it has some useful docs on the format of the info in .fex
files.

Regards,
Barry Kauler