[Arm-netbook] mele a1000 - best way to get newbies up and running

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Thu Mar 29 20:39:10 BST 2012

tor 2012-03-29 klockan 20:28 +0100 skrev moo cow:

> my vote is for a lean and fast Debian CLI only with SSH server (but im
> biased ;-)

There is several good ARM root filesystems to choose from today only
needing mating with a suitable kernel.

  - Debian
  - Fedora
  - Arch
  - Red Sleve
  - Ubuntu
  - and many more

In most (all?) cases you need a Linux system to prepare the image. But
perparing a boot image is a quite simple task one you have the four
neede components and I am sure several members of our group will provide
ready-to-run images for their favorite distribution.

Graphics will be a bit of a problem as usual, but unaccelerated 2D
framebuffer should work fine at minimum.

Regards
Henrik