[Arm-netbook] Purchasing delay, Mele A1000

Scott Sullivan scott at ss.org
Mon Mar 26 20:08:39 BST 2012

On 03/26/2012 02:17 PM, David Given wrote:
> Alejandro Mery wrote:
> [...]
>>> I see the spec says it's got real SATA --- but I don't see a socket on
>>> the back for SATA. Does it actually have this? (And, if anyone's tried
>>> it, what's the performance like?)
>>
>> you dock a 2.5" sata disk on top of the device. no idea about the performance.
>
> Oh, awesome --- I though that was an ipod dock!

An iPod Dock on an Android TV... that would certainly be a first. :P

If you have a look at this link, you'll see a inside photo where the
harddrive dock connects to the mainboard with a regular SATA cable.
http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner_a10/hacking_the_mele_a1000/

That certainly gives some nice modding flexibility.

Can any of the owners confirm if the SATA power to the dock is only 5V?

--
Scott Sullivan