[Arm-netbook] RedSleeve - New ARM Linux Distro

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Mon Mar 26 11:15:24 BST 2012

http://elinux.org/images/6/60/Ubuntu_on_ARM-_Improvements_and_Optimizations_Done_By_Linaro.pdf

http://www.cnx-software.com/2012/02/26/ubuntu-on-arm-improvements-and-optimizations-done-by-linaro-elce-2012/
 > It was for Ubuntu 10.04 so no hard-float yet, but I'm assuming Ubuntu
 > 12.04 (armv7hf) will also have those optimizations.

Right - "NEON in a few libraries". I'm guessing this is not compiler
related but manual assembly coding in a few key places, such as libc.
That is NOT to say that all packages will benefit. It's not as rosy as
you may have thought.

Gordan