[Arm-netbook] easy pc

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 13:59:15 GMT 2012

On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 1:35 PM, Justin Cormack
<justin at specialbusservice.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 1:17 PM, lkcl luke <luke.leighton at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 12:23 PM, hugo meneses <hugalactico at hotmail.com>
>> wrote: from RHT's perspective: the more people who base systems around the
>> EOMA standards, the better for us.  the only thing we care about is a
>> small royalty percentage (on the patents) from units sold.  it is
>> therefore in our interests to *reduce* the NREs as much as possible
>> (both hardware and software) not *increase* them.
>>

> What patents?

 3 patents that i wrote last year involving the re-use and
re-purposing of legacy but mass-produced connectors for versatile
mass-volume computing appliances.

 there was a bit of a scarey moment when i found the "conditional
access modules" for satellite TV decoders, but fortunately there the
designers made those CAM cards backwards-compatible with legacy
PCMCIA, which is exactly what the patents are *excluding*.

 there was another scarey moment when i realised that the patents were
sufficiently generic to even cover mainframe "blade servers" which are
clearly prior art, but i took care of that as well.