[Arm-netbook] merge proyects

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 17:36:15 GMT 2012

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 2:35 PM, hugo meneses <hugalactico at hotmail.com> wrote:
> ok guys, maybe is not so bad idea makeit the way you say. my main concern is about cost, this one will be for southamerican market that is very sensitive about price.

 :)

> maybe we can talk about bom cost

 when we started at the beginning of the project, the BOM cost
projects we were given by the CPU manufacturer, for their 7in "tablet"
Reference Design, was around $USD 15.

> and what is your ideas about assembly or daughter boards, the most important is this get real and not like other colaborative projects that never start.

 ah nooo, we have a ton of people who want this :)  we have the
factory lined up, so it's _going_ ahead.

 I/O Boards as we call them can be incredibly simple.  if you are very
very careful you can even make an I/O Board that is double-sided, only
2 layers.  perhaps more complex things with on-board WIFI, you may
need 4 layers to put in a proper Ground plane and cut R.F.
interference.

 but yes - describe that you need!

> I have a meeting whit the southamerica distributor next april 15, maybe we can have something then

 superb.

> thanks for your time and hope we can cooperate

 that'd be great.