[Arm-netbook] Hacking the Mele A1000 - ultra beginner guide

Alejandro Mery amery at geeks.cl
Wed Mar 21 17:44:50 GMT 2012

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 18:36,  <julien at forgeat.name> wrote:
>> I'm lucky enough to have a real serial port on my PC but the wiki
>> page seems to indicate that the UART port runs at 3.3 volts. So do we
>> need some sort of level shifter such as the following?
>>

>> http://www.ebay.de/itm/RS232-Serial-Port-To-TTL-Converter-MAX3223-Adapter-Module-for-PIC-ATMEL-MCU-3-3V-/230682034527
>> The photo shows four pins and the label GRxTx3.3v so which of the
>> four is not used or how else is it connected?
>
> I think this should be read as G(round) / Rx / Tx / 3.3V
>
> But then, good point about the voltage, had not thought about that.

I think it's important to note that the normal 0.1" pitch jumper
cables don't fit in this connector. I don't have a caliper to confirm
it, and my related experience is null but this connector seem to be
using 2mm "pitch" instead of the normal 2.54mm.

I ordered http://www.ebay.com/itm/280839459714 hoping to be able to
use my ttl to usb with it.