[Arm-netbook] mele box arrived this morning

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Sat Mar 17 00:21:36 GMT 2012

fre 2012-03-16 klockan 13:55 +0000 skrev Simon Kenyon:
> i live in ireland and it arrived in the post this morning.

Mine too, after 6 days sitting at the swedish post in the same city ;/

> many, many thanks to tom for arranging this.

Yes, many thanks Tom!

> i have to say it is a stunningly well made device. plastic on top and
> metal on bottom and back. the remote is nicely made, the right size and
> feels nice in the hand. with ics it would be a cracking media box.

Agreed. It feels quite well done externally. Internally the board is not
quite the same finish, but not too bad.

But first duty is a cracking A10 dev box. If it surives that then it
quite likely become a media box.

Regarding JTAG looks very promising. A visyal inspection is exact match
for a standard ARM 14 pin JTAG connector. There is even the needed
resistors mounted on the back of the board for the 5 control signals and
only connector needs mounting.

The other unmounted connectors at the front edge seem to all be
alternative placements for power button, led & ir receiver, except for
two leds, one marked with "rec" and another without marking, both of
which seem to need some additional components in addition to the led
(i.e. resistors). The same board most likely is used in a PVR or
similar.

The additional edge connectors on the right edge needs a bit of
soldering work to use, missing some components (resistors, capacistors
etc) in addition to the connectors.

The unmounted usb1 port "usb1" is most likely the same port that is used
for the wifi, or alternatively the same USB port the internal hub is
connected to. There is no reason to expect any additional internal
ports, in fact I am not even sure what the "usb4" port header is
connected to. It does not quite add up.

A10 have 2 USB ports if I am not mistaken.
1 is on internal header "usb6".
1 is connected to a 4 port hub.
1 port of the hub is connected to wifi.
there is 3 external usb connectors.