[Arm-netbook] Purchasing delay, Mele A1000

Barry Kauler bkauler at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 11:53:11 GMT 2012

Regarding this:

> FYI: the rest can get it now at
> http://www.dealextreme.com/p/mele-1080p-android-2-3-internet-tv-set-top-box-w-wifi-optical-3-x-usb-hdmi-av-lan-sd-119913

I posted recently to this mail list that I had placed an order for the
Mele A1000. That was on March 7. It is now March 16 and it still
hasn't shipped.

The dealextreme web site has a real-time chat, but it is almost always
"offline". Once I found it to be "online", but after posting my
question there was a reply that they are busy with other customers and
please wait. I waited about an hour, then it went "offline". So, I
have not yet managed to communicate with anyone there.

Today I did a quick search with Google, and found that dealextreme is
famous for being both extremely slow and poor customer service. For
example:

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/4005

I will let you know when mine actually does ship. I thought that I
would post this warning to anyone else thinking of ordering from them
-- be prepared to wait. In fact, one person said to forget that you
ever ordered it.

I have been so keen to get my hands on one of these.

Regards,
Barry Kauler
http://bkhome.org/blog