[Arm-netbook] iMX233-OLinuXino development started today

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Thu Mar 8 11:25:33 GMT 2012

Hard to tell without having tried it, but generally SATA port
replicators work fine (e.g. Silicon Image SIL4726 1:5 multiplier). The
only thing to watch out for is whether the host controller can handle
FIS switching (and has to fall back to command based switching). If it
can't, the performance will drop off as you add more drives. I have
measured a combined throughput performance degradation of about from
about 95MB/s with 1 disk attached down to about 64MB/s with 4 disks
attached when the controller cannot support FIS based switching.

Whether that is actually relevant in most use-cases this SoC will find
itself in is debatable.

Gordan