[Arm-netbook] Raspberry Pi, Allwinner, and CuBox in the Linux hardware race to tiniest and cheapest

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Wed Mar 7 09:35:09 GMT 2012

Vladimir Pantelic wrote:
> http://opensource.com/life/12/1/linux-hardware-race-tiniest-and-cheapest-15-cheap?sc_cid=70160000000TlY9AAK
>
> personally I think that pissing contest between r-pi,
> beagle, panda et al is just plain stupid...

CuBox isn't really comparable to the R-Pi. It is a much, much better
piece of kit. Then again, the Allwinner A10 is better still.

What we desperately need isn't cheaper ARM machines - it is _better_ ARM
machines, particularly WRT the amount of RAM. Once you start requiring
more than 512MB, the field narrows very dramatically and the costs
multiply by a substantial factor.

Gordan