[Arm-netbook] Allwinner A10 Android Box (not tablet) and some experiment of run Ubuntu.

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 13:11:02 GMT 2012

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 7:15 AM, Tom Cubie <mr.hipboi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi matt,
>
>     with your instruction i got ubuntu 10.04 running on my A10-evb.
> i can get the USB mouse and keyboard working. It's a small pc!

 wha-heeeey!

 now you see why we're so damn excited about 1ghz+ computers, tom!
you really really *don't* need anything more powerful.  and with 1gb
of RAM it is quite enough to run firefox and openoffice (ok maybe you
need compcache because firefox still leaks memory like a sieve).

 i don't understand why people don't understand this.  i mean, it's
not going to do real-time video editing, scientific computing or
anything nuts but for most peoples' purposes, an allwinner A10 is
perfectly adequate.