[Arm-netbook] arm-netbook post from aditya at eddywebs.com requires approval

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 20:28:25 GMT 2012

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 8:23 PM, lkcl luke <luke.leighton at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello , guys I just joined this mailing list so thought should give an
> intro , after unprecedented demand of the raspberry pi boards, I dug
> deep into the possibility of using the idea of allwinner-a10 soc in
> third world and emerging economies of South Asia as an educational
> tool.

 interesting.

> Now it will the allwinner based board which hopefully we could pull
> down to the price of $20 if not $15.

 ok the $15 is the estimated cost of the _materials_.  no shipping,
profit, tax, box, power supply or anything included.  all those things
have to be taken into account.

> Anyways thats it for and I will definitely be delighted to part of the
> nascent group and will be willing to contribute whatever I could.

 thank you adi.

 what would be amazing is if you had any contacts with people who
might be interested in this as a product.  we have for example some
people in mexico - a cooperative / CIC - who would like to put
together a Keyboard Chassis, into which EOMA-68 CPU cards could be
plugged directly.

 although it's worth pointing out that it's not strictly necessary to
have it plugged into anything: you can still operate over USB-OTG and
use the HDMI output.