[Arm-netbook] Any ARM SoC has Open-Source access to hardware video decoder ?

Roman Mamedov rm at romanrm.ru
Tue Jun 26 12:10:40 BST 2012

On Tue, 26 Jun 2012 18:56:31 +0800
Tom Cubie <mr.hipboi at gmail.com> wrote:

> > If those 1.3 billion people wanna do some serious work on their
> > computers,
>
> full Linux OS is the way to go.
> >
> Microsoft Windows is free in China or a disk of 5 rmb, even in many
> companies.

AFAIK only Loongson 3 has some degree of x86 support, and that 'support'
manifests itself in that in a special patched version of QEMU the emulation
penalty is somewhat reduced, and that's it. So I don't see how Windows can be
a relevant option to be considered as an OS for any of the CPUs/SoCs currently
produced in China.

--
With respect,
Roman