[Arm-netbook] Any ARM SoC has Open-Source access to hardware video decoder ?

Alexey Eromenko al4321 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 11:28:36 BST 2012

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 1:25 PM, Peter Steenbergen

>> (explain them that desktop Linux market has over 15,000,000 PCs
>> world-wide, and explain them, that if they comply with GPL they could
>> take part of it... several percent)
>> Just 2% of this Linux market would equal to 300,000 sales for Chinese.
>> (which may or may not be enough to justify the costs of drivers
>> development... but I hope it is enough)
>>
> They have 1.6 billion people over there in china. They don't care about the
> world

[correction] only 1.3 billion people, according to Wikipedia.
Assuming that those 1.3 billion wanna play Angry Birds, they can keep Android.
If those 1.3 billion people wanna do some serious work on their
computers, full Linux OS is the way to go.

--
-Alexey Eromenko "Technologov"