[Arm-netbook] going to try and build CM9 for my new A10 9.7" tablets

Alejandro Martínez zen at itram.es
Sun Jun 24 10:05:31 BST 2012

Welcome!

On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 10:58 AM,  <simon at koala.ie> wrote:
> i have been doing all the work on one of the 9.7" tablets. i installed CWM
> and bricked it trying to install CM9. that was 48 hours ago. since then i
> have been trying various .img files in an attempt to get the device
> working again. from a cost/benefit point of view this makes absolutely no
> sense whatsoever. but i am determined to get this tablet working again. if
> for no other reason than i want to be able to build my own kernel (with my
> precious device driver) so that i can run my custom app.

A10 devices are unbrickable. There is a FEL "bootloader" mode used for
recovery that can always be accessed, usually by pressing a pinhole
reset-like button on the device. This way the device gets detected by
Livesuit, and you can flash the .img.

You can also use another tool, PhoenixTool, to create an SD card which
will, once inserted and the tablet turned on, flash the firmware to
the device.