[Arm-netbook] OpenSource on Hyundai A7HD

Sergey Lapin slapinid at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 13:59:41 BST 2012

Hi, all!

Is it possible to replace kernel and u-boot on random Allwinner A10 -
based tablet?
I don't need too much fancy stuff, but I naver found any kernel source
released by device vendor,
and my use of device is custom for my needs, and I need normal Linux
with X11 on it,
so I can't live with Android. I have serial port access on device via
soldering, I just need
some appropriate source to start hacking and hardware configuration
reverse engineering guide
for A10 (how to get pin configuration, etc.) to support it fully.

Also, is A10 support is planned for mainline Linux kernel?

Thanks a lot,
S.