[Arm-netbook] Fedora 17 ARM

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Thu Jun 21 23:35:36 BST 2012

tor 2012-06-21 klockan 17:15 -0400 skrev Chris Tyler:

> Alternately, get the pieces you
> need into Fedora itself (which is straightforward if the licenses are
> OSI-approved) and then (optionally) make a Spin. We'd love to have A10
> support in the main Fedora ARM kernel package :-)

There isn't much that can be added to Fedora to make A10 life easier at
this time, but maybe in some months.

* X11 - Framebuffer works, kindof. (but no fbconsole yet)

* Accelerated 2D X11 - No X11 2D driver exists, and no one is working on
it. Kernel driver for the 2D accelerator is open however and is "only" a
matter of writing the X11 driver.

* 3D - MALI, proprietary ARM driver. But there is hope for lima to take
off. If I am not mistaken the MALI driver is also abused a bit for 2D
accel which competes with the 2D effort mentioned above.

* Kernel. License is being cleaned up, but much work remains to clean
things up to an acceptable level. None of the A10 support is mainline
but there is hope to be able to submit at least the core components
needed. (cpu support + serial console).

* u-boot. We do have 100% GPL u-boot based boot loader for A10 not
relying on any proprietary components on the boot media. But u-boot is
not part of Fedora. Also none of this is in mainline u-boot yet and some
cleanup is needed to get there.

Regards
Henrik