[Arm-netbook] IMX6 prices?

Tsvetan Usunov, OLIMEX LTD usunov at olimex.com
Fri Jun 15 11:56:46 BST 2012

>> i.MX6Solo at $11 is with better price than A10
>
> how is $11 better than $7? (bearing in mind that demand for the A10
> has been so high that allwinner have had to increase the price
> temporarily whilst they get the supply increased from TSMC on TSMC's
> standard 90-day delay, where the request for increase in supply was
> made approximately 90 days ago)

when you buy A10 for $7.00 please sell me some, I will buy immediately 1000
pcs for $8, easy $1000 for you ;) deal?

I think this $7 price tag you put without any real deal behind is misleading
people big time, as I already bough 1000 pcs A10 from Allwinner (just to
receive proper documentation and SDK) for double this price and from Wits
who oficially sells A10 to the smallish companies told me that the price is
this for up to 100K pcs order, so iMX6 is definitely cheaper for me than A10
for 10K pcs based on real deals and real distributor quotes

> ... *maybe* in september.  they're fixing the latest round of bugs.
> there's no guarantee that there will not be another round of bugs for
> freescale to have to fix.  whereas the A10 is a stable known quantity
> and has been shipping for some time.

sure iMX6 is very new and FSC will not sell them earlier than beginning of
2013 from what I learned, but ...

how do you know how many bugs there are in A10 without documentation? :-)

iMX6 is even not for sale but I got yesterday 200 pages datasheet and 4600
pages user manual in advance.

Tsvetan