[Arm-netbook] FEL protocol have been reversed

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Thu Jun 14 12:12:45 BST 2012

tor 2012-06-14 klockan 11:52 +0100 skrev lkcl luke:
> the rules for FSF Hardware-Endorsement are that *all* hardware *must*
> have source code available, period.  that will include the A10's
> cedarx video CODEC.

*all* will never happen with any modern CPU, period. There is simply to
many small things in there.. many of which you don't even know exists
unless you read the non-existing datasheets in detail.. and I don't find
anything in the FSF criterias requiring *all*. The criterias is only
about the included software, it do not require that there is software
for using all theoretically possible features of the hardware.

http://libreplanet.org/wiki/Hardware/Endorsement_criteria

*all* you market as features of the end-user product sure. And certainly
*all* you include software for.

And cedarx will not be open sourced unless you buy Allwinner and what
other companies may have IP interest in cedarx.

Regards
Henrik