[Arm-netbook] running allwinner-a10-video on mele causes kernel panic

Iain Bullard iain.bullard at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 12:05:06 BST 2012

The network card did not work when using the original ubuntu image for me
either.

Firstly, the evb.bin file from that image seems to be missing one of the
network properties:

emac_power = port:PH15<1><default><default><0>

Even after fixing this I did not manage to get the network card working on
the original ubuntu image.

However, after building the 3.0 kernel from source and following the
instructions here
http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner_a10/hacking_the_mele_a1000/Building_Debian_From_Source_Code_for_Mele/and
*not* using the evb.bin from the original ubuntu image, the network
interface works fine.

Iain.