[Arm-netbook] Cheapish Mele/A10 HDMI Screen

Paul Kench paulkench at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jun 6 13:42:38 BST 2012

I saw this on the R-Pi site and thought people here might find it useful:

http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=63
<http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=6747> &t=6747

Device on amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Motorola-Lapdock-for-ATRIX/dp/B00519L43M
<http://www.amazon.co.uk/Motorola-Lapdock-for-ATRIX/dp/B00519L43M/ref=sr_1_1
?ie=UTF8&qid=1338985632&sr=8-1>

I have been after a cheap/small HDMI screen for various devices I have now
that need HDMI connectors (getting the smallish TV from upstairs gets old),
and this one comes with a keyboard/touchpad and a battery, and can be folded
for storage. Also it looks pretty cool, although the spaghetti of cables
coming out of it will put paid to that.

The drawbacks:

.         Apparently no audio in the device.

.         Needs micro connectors, and possibly a little filing.

.         The USB connector needs to be handled with care as it outputs
power to charge the phone from the battery in the lapdock, although (as the
guy with the Pi did) that power could be used to supply the Mele.

Mine should  arrive tomorrow, so at that point I'll be able to confirm
whether I bought the right cables or not!

Paul